Friday, June 3, 2011

Dear Non-Reply Blog Commenter,

Dear Non-Reply Blog Commenter, 

I just wanted to thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my recent post. I always love getting comments from people and always appreciate it when people stop by my blog. It seriously makes my day to read all the positive feedback that I get on my latest projects.
 
Whenever someone leaves me a comment I get an e-mail notifying me, and I try to reply with a short e-mail letting that person know that I appreciate the comment. But when you are a non-reply commenter, I'm not able to send that short e-mail. I hope you know that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the lovely comments that I've gotten from you. It just means that I'm not able to respond in the easiest way for me. 

I hope you're having a wonderful day, 
Bethany


 Speaking of strangers... 

Today was a beautiful day, and being that it was a beautiful day which are so few and far between this spring in Oregon, it was so hard to take Amazing Boyfriend up to Portland for a routine procedure that he hates almost as much as he hates chemo. I won't gross you all out with the details, but he really hates having it done, although he feels SO much better when it's over. 

Anyway, we made it up to Portland in good time, was able to find a parking spot at the VA hospital parking right away (a pleasant surprise) and checked in a little early. While we were in the waiting room, a nice gentleman who was sitting next to us, proudly wearing a US Marine Veteran hat, asked ABF if he minded if he gave me a rose. He told us that it'd been given to him as a thank you for his service. ABF told him he didn't mind and of course I thanked him for the pretty pink rose. This random act of kindness totally made my day!!


After that nice gentleman left, I overheard two ladies talking about the beautiful roses that each of them had. They had been given to the gentlemen that they were waiting for, thanking them for their service. Apparently, a few of the Portland Rose Festival Princesses had spent the afternoon in the cafeteria at the VA hospital, handing out roses and thanking Veterans for their service. 

I want to give those wonderful girls kuddos because so often I feel like Veterans are ignored or overlooked. Every time I visit the VA hospital, I'm reminded of the price of our freedom. It's nice when others are conscience of that price as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...