Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's My Party And I'll Drink...

My Mom & Dad are throwing me a party for my 30th birthday this Saturday. Lots of family and friends over for good food and of course, a few drinks. 

I decided to make myself a special birthday glass for my party using DecoArt glass paint pens. 


I have a small confession to make. I don't draw. I feel like my drawing skills are extremely limited to stick figures and the like. So I decided for this project to make a stencil out of vinyl and use that for the lettering. 

If you follow me on Instagram then you've already seen a sneak me of this project. If not, follow me here.



Now, this is when my craft fail comes into play. I've never used the DecoArt glass paint pens before, but was wanting to give them a try because it's good to try new things. I was surprised at how fast the paint dried, which was a good thing because I had to do a few coats to get it dark enough to make me happy. 


 The problem was that when I peeled the stencil off, most of the paint came off with it. 

Craft Fail!!! 

However, I was determined to make this work. 

Let's try a different tactic. 



I remade the stencil and used etching cream to etch the design into the mug. Once the design was etched in, I used the paint pens to trace over the etched design and give the mug a little bit of color. 


This time success!!! 

The best part is that once I was all finished with this project I realized that I could have just printed out the design and taped it inside the glass to trace it on. Oh well, maybe next time. 

Now my mug is all ready for my party on Saturday night. I'm sure it's gonna be a good one!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...